Access to a non medical, recovery focused mental health practitioner who can offer a wide range of statutory and views, formulations, assessment, intervention and training.

You want an experienced practitioner who you know is registered with a government regulator and abides by a code of conduct and is vetted by enhanced disclosure for both children and adults.

You want a creative and tolerant professional who can work with complex situations and is supported by a professional association with a long history and a well developed code of ethics and professional development.

Click here for BASW advice on contracting an independent social worker.

Click here to search the Scottish Social Service Council Register.